Sunday 23 February 2014

Crafters Sunday - Jo's Arm Candy


Jo's arm candy

 



After I started making my own bracelets, friends and family were interested in them and I started to sell a few, I was soon asked to make more. I then realised I could turn my hobby into a small business, and Jo's arm candy was born! This year I will be attending lots of different craft fairs which is very exciting but also a bit scary!
 
Jo's arm candy is my little dream come true xx
 
 

Questions for Jo's arm candy

 

1 - What made you start making your own bracelets?

To be honest it just sort of happened! I was looking on Pinterest and there was a tutorial on making bracelets out of leather cord, so I had a go at making a few and showed my family and friends who offered to buy them! Which encouraged me to think and research different ideas and it just grew from there.



2 - Do you have a favourite item that you have created so far?


I love the butterfly charm bracelets made with real sea shell beads. The heart leather cord bracelets too as it all started with them.
 



3 - This year you said you'll be attending lots of craft fairs, what excites you about this and what makes you nervous?


It's very exciting as I love having my stall and arranging the display of my jewellery. It's something I have done all myself and am very proud of that. But I think it's scary because when your passionate about something you want others to see that and love it the same way, and this is not always going to happen! So putting myself out there is the scary part. Hopefully I will overcome this in time.



4 - Your creations are all very delicate looking and seem to tell their own stories, where do you get your ideas from?




My ideas come to me from how I am feeling or certain colours I see around in day. I also love anything to do with the sea and hopefully will create some sea inspired bracelets! I also love butterfly’s and I have a few pieces that feature them :)
 



5 - What advice would you give to anyone starting out in crafting and wanting to make a go of it?

I am not sure I can give advice just yet, as it's still all new to me.
But I would say try and find your own style and stick with it.
Also network, network, network!!
 


 

Links for Jo's army candy

 


 
Thank you Jo for taking the time to chat to us about your creations, I wish you lots of luck with your craft fairs and your business in general! Thanks for a lovely feature!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment